Keen to improve their fleet's performance, Norwich haulier Proctor Springwood Ltd of Mousehold developed a small range of Perkins-engined trucks with Moss gearboxes & rear axles. In 1949 Proctor's distributor Praill's of Hereford took over production resulting in almost every firm nationalised into BRS Hereford having at least one Proctor. Others were transferred from other branches and it became a "Proctor hot spot" with Hoovers in Merthyr having the largest fleet. Production ceased in 1952.
1948 Proctor NTW210
© CCMV Classic Commercial Motor Vehicles