Military 6x6 tractor with origins in the three-way relationship forged in late 1929 between AEC, the Four Wheel Drive Lorry Co Ltd and Hardy Rail Motors Ltd. The original R6T was built at the FWD factory in Slough, and had a Dorman 6-cylinder engine. The Duxford exhibit, which has Middlesex registration AMP80, is one of 33 AEC Type 850s with AEC A136 engines that were built at Southall between 1932 and 1936.
AEC Model 850 (R6T) AMP80
1935 AEC Model 850 AMP80
© CCMV Classic Commercial Motor Vehicles