1924 Tilling-Stevens XW8997
1924 Tilling-Stevens TS3A petrol electric chassis XW8997 on Madeira Drive in 1970.
Originally a fire tender supplied to the London Fire Brigade, fitted with a van body which included an auxiliary pump and means for operating a searchlight.
Restored by Commer Cars in 1960 who scrapped the body.
By the 1974 Brighton Run it had been fitted with a platform lorry body. Not seen since its last known Brighton Run in 1979. Is it still with us? (Peter Esposito via Chris Stanley)