Visitors 1565
60 photos

The 'A'ssociated 'E'quipment 'C'ompany Ltd evolved from the merger in 1908 of the London Motor Omnibus Co Ltd, which ran its 'Vanguard' buses on services in the capital from premises in Walthamstow, and the mighty London General Omnibus Co Ltd. The LGOC built bus chassis to its own design at Walthamstow and when the LGOC was taken over by the Underground Electric Railways Co of London Ltd in 1912 the chassis-building activities were separated off to form the A.E.C.

35 photos in this collection illustrate the various AEC models produced before the company moved to Southall in 1926.

1910 B43 'Ole Bill' LN4743

1910 B43 'Ole Bill' LN4743

1911 B340 LA9928

1911 B340 LA9928

1911 B340 LA9928

1911 B340 LA9928

1911 B340 LA9928

1911 B340 LA9928

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

Solid tyred Generals

Solid tyred Generals

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

B type bus B1609

1911 B214 LA9802

1911 B214 LA9802

B Type Battle Bus

B Type Battle Bus

B Type Battle Bus

B Type Battle Bus